Friday, December 27, 2013

One Word 2014

I had no intentions of posting more than once a day but I came across a blog that shares in my belief of Christ and gave me a another great challenge for the year. I know I am a bit of an over achiever, but I am sure there are plenty of you out there who can relate. 
 
I joined a great site called The SITS Girls which helps bring women in the blogging community together through support, tips, and many other useful resources. They have this wonderful, we will call it a tradition, of having a feature blogger every day. I stumbled across Alli who is a Southern Pastor's wife, mother, and Nana. She can be found at An Alli Event. Her current post is title One Word and she found the great idea through another site which she linked in her post. The general idea is to choose a word that will be a reminder or a nudge for you, in whatever purpose you deem needed. 

My choice of word was "obedience." It is my deepest desire to be obedient to Christ and follow His will. Allow that will to guide my every step in life and I know that when I am capable of following through with that I will be a much happier person. 

On the outside it seems like a really simple challenge, but if you look at it through the eyes of a mother who works part-time, has 3 children, is married, and has a house to keep up...it seems as if I don't have enough time in the day to add one more word to my vocabulary, much less a  word that I need to actually react on. Trying to remember the word "obedience" and then react on it is going to be an act of obedience itself.

So if you have a word that you need to hold closely in 2014 to either help you through something, teach you something, or just be a reminder...tell me below with a comment and join me for "One Word 2014."
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment