Ingredients (all can be adjusted to the amount you need to make, just double for more people or leftovers this recipe will feed 4 people 2 fajitas each):
- 1lb chicken tenders
- 2 packs fajitas mix
- 1 pack pre-cut veggie fajita mix (you can find these in most grocery stores, I have found them in the small one close to home and our local Walmart Supercenter)
- 1 pack fajita size tortilla's
- Place fajita veggie mix into large skillet with 2-3tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and saute until tender (about medium to medium high temp. will work)
- While the veggies are sauteing place the chicken tenders on a vented pan sprayed with a little Olive Oil spray and place in the oven at 375 degrees for about 7 minutes (until just about cooked)
- Once the tenders come out, you want to cut them up into chunks just bigger than bite size and place into the pan, put the lid on and leave for about 7 minutes more with the lid on (turning heat down to medium low)
- Once the veggies and chicken have cooked for about 7 minutes, you will use 2 forks to shred the chicken pieces. This should be fairly easy because of the baking process. Then add your fajita mix and proper amount of water (per package instructions) and bring to a boil(this allows the seasoning to thicken). Turn temperature down to low and you are ready to eat.
We like to have salsa and sour cream with ours. So you will place about 3/4 cup filling onto the tortilla, top with salsa and sour cream or any thing you like. You could add diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese.
The wrapping process isn't really set in stone, but I place the filling to one end, bring the opposite end up over the filling and fold both sides in towards the middle.
There you have it a simple, healthy, and quick chicken fajita recipe! If you decide to try it I would love to hear about it. Also, if you have any suggestions or a chicken fajita recipe of your own share it or a link back to your blog for the recipe.